Wednesday, December 1, 2010

This post is going to be a lot to digest!

I know, I know, it has been forever since my last post.  Sorry, but its been a long holiday week......end!  OK, where to begin?????  How about Wednesday.  Of course the hubby took the day off as well.  Fuck if I can get a damn day to myself once and a while.  So in return for him ruining my day, I made him chauffeur my ass around all day.  First thing in the morning we went and got some wood from his dads shop.  Well we stole wood from his dads shop.  He neglected to go wood cutting this year, so we are left with no wood for the fireplace to keep warm.  And JESUS, I think we had the coldest week on record for November EVER, last week.  After that we decided to brave Walmart.  I had to pick up a few things for my moms elderly neighbor......I know I'm a fucking saint.  Then we looked at a loft bed for the boy.  His bed is turning to crap and we thought this would give him more room to play.  More on that little fiasco later!  I swear I think half the town took that day off just to get ready for Thanksgiving.  The stores were PACKED.  We made our way over to Costco, another one of my favorites.  I managed to get out of there for $100.00.  I came up with a basic concept for shopping there.  Count everything you have in your cart at $10.00 and usually it comes really close to the total cost.  It works every time.  So yes, I had 10 things :(  and you know what else, they really need a frigging 10 items or less checkout in that fucking store.

The girl was sick all week and stayed at my grandmas house in order not to infect the rest of the house.  Only draw back to that was my grandma had Thanksgiving and we are lucky she didn't contaminate the whole dinner.  I sent the hubby out early Thursday morning to get milk and eggs for breakfast (yes I forgot them at both the stores I went to the previous day)  and a paper for the black Friday ads to peruse for my shopping excursion.  We had Thanksgiving dinner.....blah......blah.....blah, typical crap nothing worth mentioning.  Then I stayed up till 11:45 when my BFF picked my tired ass up and we started the whole ordeal.  First we hit the casino for coffee and breakfast.  12:30  Walmart.  I did most of my shopping, but was waiting till 5 so I could get a TV for my son that was on sale for $150.00 less then the original price.  Then we went back to the casino to kill an hour before Kohl's opened at 3.  I know I'm crazy, but in the past I have managed to get all my shopping done in a matter of hours.  This year not so lucky.  I did however come out $9.00 ahead from playing the slots :)  YAY me.  So on to Kohl's :(  The line was ridiculous waiting to get into the store.  We finally made it in and made on trip halfway around the store, hit the line to check out and stood there for 30 minutes for 3 things.  I had one item and she had two.  By the time we checked out it was almost 4 just in time for Target to open.  HA, what a fucking joke.  We parked noticed the line was like 2 miles long, they had 1 door open letting people in, we walked half the line said fuck it and left.  Back to Walmart only this time we went to the one on the other side of town, figuring it would be less crowded.  So we walk in and oh yeah I also got suckered into getting a TV for his dad as well.....since I was already there and all.  Needless to say I wasn't to happy about it, but we did steal his wood.  I get in there looks pretty good, not a lot of people, its 45 minutes before 5 I see some people in line at pillars with TVS on them so I ask the clerk wheres the line for the 50 inch and wheres the line for the 32 inch?  He says the 50 inch is over there and the 32 is in electronics.  My BFF says I will go to electronics and stand in that line.  So I get in the other.  I am #9 in line and the lady says OK we only have 11 TV' score!  I get a call 10 minutes later, BFF says there are 100 people in line for 50 TV's.  DAMN well looks like the boy is getting something else.  So my mom and aunt show up and get in line behind me cause the aunt is getting a TV too.  We get out tickets at 5 and am told go to the checkout pay for it then go get your car, drive to garden and they will load it for you.  Seems simple enough.  We go to garden, in her little Hyundai mind you, but the hubby swears the TV will fit.  Uh huh, while he's at home in a nice warm bed and I'm freezing my balls off shopping at ungodly hours just for a deal.  Well guess what?  The TV wasn't even gonna come close to fitting.  Thank god my uncle was 3 cars back in his truck and took it for me, or we would have had to strap it to the roof, like the Xmas tree in Christmas vacation.  Long ass story short (I know sorry)  I made it home at 7 am.  I stayed up 24 hours to go shopping and got not even half of it done.  Very disappointing year.  I slept till 10 am and decided to stay up and lay in bed all day just to sleep later that night.  I made it till 7 pm before i passed out, then slept 12 1/2 hours.  I felt GREAT on Saturday morning.

Saturday was the great Walmart fiasco.  The hubby had shown the boy a picture of the new bed we were going to get and promised to get it on Friday.  Well both Walmarts in town were out, I was in a zombie like state so we decided to go to Reno to get it on Saturday.  We stoped at Texas Roadhouse for lunch Yumm, my favorite.  Then off to the first Walmart.  No bed, next Walmart, no bed, next Walmart, no bed.  Finally I say let me get online and see which one has it in stock, cause there are like 10 Walmarts in Reno.  Of course the only one that carried it is way the fuck out in Sparks like 20 miles away.  We get there and SCORE, 1 left.  Quickly grab a cart and pay and leave, all while the hubby's head is ready to explode over the fact we just drove 60 miles and 6 stores looking for a bed.  But I wasn't the one that PROMISED it to him, you were, so he had to deliver.  Next was putting the thing together, that took 3 hours.  Then we cleaned out his closet and toy box, and piled everything into the living room to get rid of.  Some kid is going to have a nice Xmas with all the toys we got rid of.  I really should have thought this whole loft bed through.  It seemed like a really good idea until the bed was put together and I had to put sheets on it.  I had to have the hubby take the mattress down just to get the sheet on then had to stand on a 3 step, step stool to make the thing half assed, I even had the boy get up there and finish making it.  Bad choice on our part, but he loves it and that's all that matters.

Sunday we did NOTHING, but sit around with the fire going.  A nice relaxing day.  And the last 2 days of work have been busy as hell.  This Friday is our company Xmas party, so that should be fun.  I should have lots to report on that one.  It's always interesting.

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment